30 & OVER STOREYS
SIGN MY KLBOOK
Petronas Twin Towers
Maju Perdana Towers
BAQ'S KL FAVORITES
 The economic crisis initiated by Hungary's George Soros hit
Malaysia and the rest of Asia. The Thai Baht was the first to be
devalued then the ringgit. People lost their jobs. And the most noticed things were the abandoned projects. Towers stucked halfway in air, cranes stopped moving and the construction sites experienced silence. But then, Malaysia shows that it could survive by successfully hosting the commonwealth games in 1998. The world also witnessed the grand launch of the Petronas Twin
Towers. Menara Telekom erected up to more than a 1000 feet. More
shopping malls built. More tourists flocked into Malaysia which made
it listed in the top 5 countries in the Asia Pacific region with the
most incoming tourists at 10 million visitors a year.
 ALL MALAYSIANS PRAY THAT THIS YEAR WILL BE MUCH BETTER.
Check out these.
Unknown Twin Towers which is about 95% complete. 10/2001
Plaza Rakyat. You know this building. Due to the Asian economic crisis, the construction was stopped till the last time I saw it earlier Dec 2001. If it is to be completed, it will have the WORLD'S LARGEST AND LONGEST shopping mall. I'm very sure that it will resume very soon since a neighboring building Puduraya will be evacuated of its current operation as a bus terminal. When its construction was active few years ago, it was already crowned as the world's 7th tallest at 79 storeys.
Here are some constructions going on but no photos of them:
1) Construction in Kampung Baru. A pretty tall one.
2) Hilton KLSentral and a Japanese hotel which their construction is still going on.
3) MidValley condominiums. 2 towers.
4) A building construction behind Menara Genesis near Renault showroom at Jalan Bukit Bintang.
5) Construction to double up the size of One Utama, the largest shopping mall outside KL.
6) Addition of floors to a particular building around Petaling Street.
7) Condo construction at Mon't Kiara. News said it'll be 43 storeys.
8) MORE coming soon!
If you have any information of any of those constructions or any missed or new ones, email me. Thanks first!
Copyright ã 2002 Baqthier Sari. All rights reserved â.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org